Use custom locations to map anything other than meeting rooms and people.
Create a custom location
To create a new custom location, navigate to the Custom page.
- On the Custom Locations page, click the “+ Add new custom location” - a pop-up displays to enter details of the new custom location
- Give the location a name and a category - the category can be used to filter by in the add-ins and webparts.
- Click save
Reservations add-in rely on custom locationsThe Reservations Teams add-in rely on items defined as custom locations. So i.e. to use as a reservation system for desks in a flexible office setup, create the individual desks as custom locations and map these to floorplans.
Map a custom location
Once a new custom location has been created, it can be mapped to a floorplan:
- Find the custom location to map in the list (use sorting, paging and search to quickly find the correct location - a newly created location will also appear in red text to help quickly locate it)
- Click “Attach to map” button
- A popup “Select map to attach to” with all available floorplans displays - click the floorplan to map to
- A popup windows with the floorplan is opened - click the location of the custom location to create the mapping
An existing mapping can be removed by clicking the “Remove” button for a specific location in the list. (NB. requires the role “MeetingRoomEditor” to view the “Remove” button and be allowed to remove).
Delete a custom location
A custom location can be completely removed including the mapping information by clicking the thrashcan icon for a specific location.